Taking care of your adrenal glands improves your sleep at night and alertness during the day. You supercharge your immune system. https://scientifichealer.com/stress
You probably have heard of these two little glands that are perched atop your kidneys. So small yet so powerful.
These glands are there to help push you past what you normally can do in times of stress. They secrete stimulant hormones like adrenaline, cortisol and other similar steroids to push your system into overdrive.
High levels of stress hormones are not meant to course through your body day and night. Here is the really important fact: while your adrenal glands are secreting their hormones, your body is tearing itself down. It cannot heal or at least heal well.
The sad fact is in a modern fast paced society like the USA, 2/3 of its citizen have failing or failed adrenal glands. All the buzzing, dinging of devices, driving in traffic, the current pandemic and now the curfews happening across America to protest the horrible acts by police has further send our adrenal glands into overdrive.
You might ask how do I know my adrenals are failed.
Here are some of the symptoms of insufficiency (could also be Addison’s disease).
- When you stand up, especially if you haven’t eaten in a while, you feel light headed.
- When you sleep 8 or more hours but can’t wake up easily, especially if you are normally a morning person, and or feel tired until about noon or so.
- low blood pressure
- low blood sugar or hypoglycemia
- salt cravings,
- darkening of your skin, weight loss and decreased appetite.
This also causes serious issues with your immune system and hamper brain function leading to forgetfulness and confusion.
What is the solution to improving adrenal function and hence your immunity?
First, the fastest way to helping yourself is to take steps to relieve the stress in your life and then add practices into your life that will help get you there more quickly.
I have used these often because I am one of those that has a tendency to over think and stress out over things. I have high expectations of myself and often bite off more than I can chew. I also feel the moods of others and until I recognized they were not my moods, I took on that stress too. I couldn’t stand up without my body shaking uncontrollably sometimes. Often I felt like I was going to faint. This is when I got the sickest.
Here are some stress busting methods:
- Sit up straight, Breathe in deeply.
- If you have someone you feel safe with, give and get hugs.
- Have more fun. Get into the moment after a mini meditation and do something you really enjoy, a hobby, a hike or call a good friend and chat about fun stuff.
- put on a comedy and laugh a lot. look up jokes and humor and make a collection of your favorite
- Meditate (https://scientifichealer.com/wakeupbrain )
- Take a walk or do some yoga.
- Music. Listen to gentle music, not ones with loud and angry words, but something that inspires you and makes you feel happy or want to dance to.
These are 7 of the 26 tips in my stress busting guide that I have available. To get the balance of these tips, get it here: https://scientifichealer.com/stress